Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Surrey International Writer's Conference

I am playing catch-up on my blog here; can't believe how long it's been since I last wrote but now that I have decided to catch up I can't remember many details about that which I wish to write........hmmmm.
Recalling the Writer's Conference, the highlight for me was being able to attend with Keltie. She spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night with us and we went 'conferencing' Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I guess it would be on the negative side to say I didn't get a great deal from the week-end but I found the presentations leaned towards the authors making splendid effort to reinforce their 'look-what-I-did' attitude as opposed to offering any real advice, as well the conference offered a great vehicle to sell their books. I was especially looking forward to seeing and hearing Diana Gabaldon but came away from her presentation somewhat disappointed as I did most of the others.
It was another learning experience for sure and wonderful to get to spend time with Keltie.
A doorprize came home with both Keltie and I (books) and Keltie bought me the book by Christopher Vogler 'The Writer's Journey' which was so thoughtful of her.
So......another adventure in my life and times.

No comments: